PREVENTING FALSE ALARMS
Ensure that everyone using your alarm system has been properly trained in its use and keep the number of people who operate the system to a minimum.
Police Security Alarm Response UK
- Always follow the designated entry/exit procedure.
- Ensure you have all keys, key fobs and alarm system codes available for use, when entering or leaving the premises.
- Before leaving the premises check that all your doors and windows are actually secured.
- Check that all your detection devices are unobstructed.
- Where movement detectors are fitted, do not introduce new sources of heat, movement or sound in the protected area.
- Always inform your alarm company immediately of any alterations to your premises, which may affect your system, including any damage to the alarm system, its detectors or wiring.
- For re-setting the system after a false alarm, establish the cause of activation and call your alarm company immediately, to arrange for the system to be reset.