- It is a legal requirement that CCTV must be operated in accordance with Data Protection and Human Rights legislation.
- Only use CCTV for reasonable, justifiable purposes.
- Let people know what those purposes are.
- Make sure that your CCTV system is continually fit for purpose.
- Let people know that you are recording their images and make those images available to them if requested and it is reasonable to do so.
- Keep the images secure and controlled, the only copies that you would normally download should be for police and Archive purposes.
- Don't keep recordings for longer than necessary.
For more information regarding Data Protection simply email your name and address details to email@example.com requesting a copy of the VMS 'Operating CCTV within the Law?' free booklet.